From the Staunton, Virginia, News Leader, Sunday, September 19, 1976
Swoope – Homecoming services we held at Buffalo Gap Presbyterian Chapel on Sunday.
The services, beginning with Sunday school at 9 am and continued throughout the day with a worship service, covered-dish lunch, hymn sing, and refreshments. Present for the occasion was Phoebe Harvey, daughter of W. H. Adkins, who conveyed the present building site to the Loch willow Church on April 14, 1920.
Mrs. Harvey presented the congregation an article of historic value that had been published in the Staunton News-Leader in 1961. Another article from The News-Leader was on display showing the first Buffalo Gap Community Church that was erected by the Buffalo Gap Furnace Company about 1850.