From the Staunton, Virginia, News Leader, Sunday, August, 1961
The Buffalo Gap Community Church, erected by the Buffalo Gap Furnace Company about 1850.
The building was used for a school room during the winter and for community meetings as well as religious services. It was moved back from its foundation in the early 1920’och Willow Presbyterian Church, as a place of worship.
The old building was then torn down, and moved about one mile west of Highway 42, and used in the building of a dwelling house.
The special dedication and consecration service is being held at the Buffalo Gap Chapel today beginning with Sunday school at 10 and a message and the dedication service at 11, and a lunch on the grounds at noon. Plans now are for a historical and inspirational service in the afternoon.